Compound Arabic Letters or huroof Murakkabat Lesson 2
- When two or more letters join they form a compound letter (Murakkab)
- Read each letter of Murakkab (compound) letter separately as you read the individual letter
- Make sure you read with Arabic tone and accent
- When two or more letters are joined together and written, their form is changed. Usually, the head of the letter is written and body is omitted.
- The letters which are almost identical, when in the compound form can be identified by alterations in the number and position of the dots
Compound Arabic Letters Page 2